Here’s how to get the most out of your new phone.
- To decrease the likelihood of leaking any usable metadata, set up & activate your phone on a wifi network away from your home.
- Turn the phone on.
- Accept permissions.
- Turn on a VPN before doing anything more.
- CalyxVPN is preinstalled for this purpose- simply press the button to activate & your IP address is protected for the remainder of set up.
- After you’ve set up CalyxVPN (or installed custom VPN configurations), feel free to connect to familiar wifi access points.
- Open f-droid to search for application updates & new apps you’d like to use.
- If you want to use apps from Google Play – find them in the Aurora Store instead.
- You are ready to start using the built-in privacy features of your phone!